CMG HISTORY

The Church Of The Mighty God, was founded by Late Pastor James Nedunchezhian.

Ps. James was from a staunch Hindu family. They were the trustees of many temples in Tamil Nadu. He was a CA by profession . Though he had good health and wealth, he had no peace. His search for peace lead to his encounter with Jesus! Shortly after which he was married to Sis.Sally.

Sis. Sally had a great desire to serve the Lord from a very young age. She was born and brought up in a Pentecostal family who served the Lord from generations.After their wedding,the couple continued to serve the Lord along with his profession as a CA. Ps. James who initially rebelled against Tithing, ultimately turned to be one of the strongest tither who gave 90% of his income to the Lord and yet lived a wealthy life with his family with just the remaining 10%.

One day, Ps. James decided to step into the full time ministry and gave up his most desired profession after a divine call from the Lord.He thus established the ‘Church of the Mighty God’ about 3 decades ago. He was the pioneer in starting up ‘ Good morning with Jesus’, an early morning prayer where many souls were touched and delivered. The church thus started expanding and so was his vision in building up new churches.

Shortly after his death, his wife Ps.Sally James prayed at the Lords feet for his guidance in taking the church forward. The Lord clearly gave her a vision and she felt a great strength pouring into her. She decided to work on the vision of her husband. Under her leadership, there were more than 20 churches established at different parts of Tamil Nadu and Andra Pradesh. The orphanages and feeding centres that took wings under CMG.

As her son pastor Justin Samuel grew up, he started to work on the vision of his parents. He started to pastor the church while his mother Ps.Sally James still continues to be the Senior pastor of CMG. He is happily married to Jemy and are blessed with a son- Joash and a daughter – Josana. They continue to work towards building the kingdom of God.

TV Partners stay connected with us